The Bridge Academy – Quick Facts
The Bridge Academy is a New Jersey approved independent school for students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia, auditory processing, ADHD and/or dysgraphia. Our special education program is for students ages 8 – 18 and is the only Orton-Gillingham accredited program in New Jersey.
- Established in 2003 by parents, educators and community members.
- Enrollment: 70 students, ages 8 – 18 with 26 teachers.
- Orton-Gillingham serves as the foundation of the language arts program utilizing a 3:1 student-staff ratio in language arts, 4:1 in math and 10:2 in science and social studies.
- It is the only school in New Jersey and Pennsylvania that is accredited by the Academy of Orton-/Gillingham Practitioners and Educators. One of 14 in the United States.
- 87% of graduates attend college and/or technical school; compared to the national average of 25% for the same student demographic.
- Multi-sensory teaching techniques are employed to address individual learning styles while a supportive and nurturing environment fosters each student’s academic and social growth.
- We actively pursue experiential learning incorporating field trips and hands on learning opportunities for students.
- Students come from over 30 New Jersey school districts and Bucks County, PA.
- School oversight is provided by Board of Trustees, and annual audits are completed by an independent CPA.
- It is a wireless campus utilizing over 60 laptops for students. All math, science and social studies classes are equipped with Smart Board Interactive technology. Language Arts classes use small interactive technology, like Kindles.